HomeBENCHMARK: College of Business Research Journalvol. 4 no. 1 (2019)

THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK SCOPE OF SELECTED EMPLOYEES IN CUSTOMS-RELATED FIRMS IN PARAÑAQUE CITY

Joanna Rose Lambojon | Lawrence Fernandez | Zenady Vale | Eloisa Fe Zamoranos

 

Abstract:

Every organization has its own standard of competencies that their employees comply with in a point of satisfaction that lead those to both achieve their goals. In any case for that matter, customs related firm’s hiring personnel has the responsibility evaluating such individuals who will be a great addition to their companies. Basis for determining the required work scope of the employees in terms of knowledge, skills, self-image and traits were suggested. The implications from there were used to further analyze and differentiate their significance. Two (2) sets of standardized questionnaires were used in gathering the necessary data and it was treated using the following statistical tools:: Percentage; Analysis of Variance (ANOVA); Independent sample t-test; Weighted Mean.It appeared that majority of the respondents are consisted of 23 or 44.2% of 18 years to 27 years old, the others were 13 or 25.0% ranging between 28 to 35 years old, 10 or 19.2% are between 36 to 45 years old and lastly 6 or 11.5% are between 46 years old and above; 51.9% of male outnumbered the females with 48%; Bachelor’s Degree got a 44 or 84.6% while the rest is Undergraduate with 8 or 15.4% of the total population. They all manifested a 78.8% or 41 of them had undergraduate program of B.S Customs Administration; 40.4% came from Royal Cargo Inc. and had (30.8% ) 1 to 3 years of experience, (13.5%) have 4 to 6 years and 8 of the employee respondents have (15.4 %) experience of 7 to 9 years. While 13 (25.0%) of them had 10 years and above experience. They strongly agreed that with their respective work scope they all strongly agreed that having a set of skill is essential to their job but when it comes to their respective work scope in terms of knowledge, self-image and traits they all agree that it is not as vital to be a requisite. Moreover the significant difference was manifested in when they grouped according to highest educational attainment, license and company where in the other accepted the null hypothesis.